Chill time at Book and Borders Cafe

Another trip to McKinley means having to choose a new place to try. We knew that my mom would take a long time again as she waa meeting high school friends so we needed a place to chill at for a long time. The weather was a bit warm that day so we just wanted to stay in one place. My sister recommended to try Book & Borders Cafe as she found it interesting.


Book & Borders Cafe is an establishment that caters to people who want to chill and eat/drink at the same time. The place offers food, dessert, and drinks. Beer is also sold here. We were hungry so we decided to have dinner there.





Book & Borders Cafe has several branches around the metro, and the one we went to was their Tuscany branch which is about a 5 minute walk from Venice Piazza.

It was a quaint 2-storey establishment that had a very homey feel to it. It was more brightly lit than other cafes because you can read here. They have a small collection of bools, and an even smaller collection of board games, that you can borrow for free. You just leave an ID at the counter to borrow your item of choice. We didn't really like the collection of books so we opted to play a board game (I think they only had about 5 games there and the one I chose was the only game adults will play).

We had dinner before we played a game so I'll talk about the food first.

Tempura rice meal (Php315.00)
Seafood Aligue Pasta a la Carbonara (Php250.00)
Truffle Mushroom Fettuccini Pasta (Php230.00)
Cinnamon Hot Chocolate (Php130.00)

The food was just okay. Nothing that would make you go "wow". The tempura rice meal had only 2 pieces of shrimp (including the head) and 3 pieces of onion. Good thing I eat those or else I would still be hungry. The 2 pasta dishes were also okay but didn't taste much of the aligue and the truffle oil. I really liked the cinnamon hot chocolate. We didn't have dessert there so I was happy that I had something sweet to drink at least.

The board game I chose was called Splendor. I've never heard about it before, but I got it because it was the only game suited for my age. Good thing it was there! We absolutely loved the game! It's a card-based strategy game where you collect goods to exchange for points. It was just 30-minute game but we had loads of fun! I wish we had a set at home. We were so excited to play that I forgot to take a picture of the box.


This one of a kind experience was meaningful as I got to spend time with my siblings. I do look forward to going to these kinds of places because I just like to chill. A branch of Puzzles (a board game lounge) just opened near us so I look forward to another gaming experience!

Comments