Jollibee Chicken Nugget Crunchers and Purefoods Stuffed Nuggets

(Update: This was a seasonal item. It is no longer available.)

I love chicken nuggets!

There has been many accounts of how chicken nuggets are made. To be honest, they sound disgusting, and there was a time when I stopped eating chicken nuggets. But I can't stop my love for chicken nuggets. They're just so delicious!

I've always been a McDonald's Chicken Nuggets (fast food-bought) and Purefoods Chicken Nuggets (store-bought)kind of girl. Both are crunchy. The chicken is really tasteful. And the BBQ sauce is just to die for. Friends know that I love sauces so I can't get enough of the BBQ sauce. I know chicken nuggets are not necessarily healthy but I just love them.

So anyway, I decided to try 2 new chicken nuggets available on the market.

I tried Jollibee Chicken Nugget Crunchers first.


Jollibee is a Filipino-owned fast food restaurant. It is known for Chicken Joy, and for buying restaurants such as Dencio's, but I'm not a fan of their chicken. I don't know. I just don't like the taste. But kudos for them for really selling chicken that is of the right size and is not covered with loads of batter.
They hail their nugget as a good nugget because it has carrot bits. You really could see the carrot bits. But I'm not a fan of this. It tastes quite bland. The coating of the nugget is similar to Purefoods Chicken Nuggets, but the chicken is not tasty. The BBQ sauce was not proportionate to the number of nuggets, and it lacks the punch that BBQ sauce should have. I mean, it tastes fine but there's something lacking. I bought the meal that costs something around 70 pesos. A lot cheaper than its rival's price. But is it worth the money? Maybe, but not for me. My rating? 6 out of 10. Maybe a 5.

Next, I tried a store-bought nugget, Purefoods Stuffed Nuggets specifically the bacon and cheese variant.
Regular Purefoods Chicken Nuggets come with sauce. This variant does not come with sauce so it's hard to think of a sauce that would go with it. The pack contains about 10 pieces (I count. Haha! Less than Purefoods Chicken Nuggets). We don't have a deep fryer at home so I had to do with pan frying. So, what was the result like?
The pack has instructions on how to cook the nuggets. As usual, you cook it until they are golden brown. But you can fry them frozen. That is actually the best way to cook it. When you eat it, you can taste the cheese and the bacon. Of course, the bacon and cheese should not overpower the nugget, so it was only there to enhance the nugget. Did that make sense? Haha! Anyway, I guess the nuggets would taste better if they were deep fried. My sister and I thought it was okay. We preferred the regular nuggets but this variant is fine. I don't really remember how much a pack costs. Maybe around 100 pesos. I give this one a 7.

Now, I'm craving for nuggets. Hmmm...

Comments