The charms of Roxas City pt. 1

This is part 1 of my Roxas trip

It's been 4 years since I went out of Luzon. I've been itching to go to the land of bountiful seafood. So when my mom told me that her former boss was inviting her and their former staff to her hometown, I immediately said yes (pretty easy considering that I have nothing to do anyway)! Tickets booked, itinerary done. Roxas city, here we go!

Our flight was pretty early on November 4. Flights to Roxas city are pretty limited (there are only 2 flights per day). We would arrive there by 7 AM so we would have a full day to explore. Turns out, though, that weather was pretty bad so we didn't get to do much.



It was my 1st time to fly with Philppine Airlines. I was amazed that there was complementary food (come on, Cebu Pacific!). The flight was pretty bumpy so I was freaked out the whole time. Thank you to the pilots for making the flight as smooth as possible.



Since the weather was pretty bad, we mostly stayed at our host's house. I really loved their house! I especially loved their chandelier which was designed by our host. The food they served was just phenomenal! We also had fun swimming in their pool.

The 1st activity we did was to do the river cruise at Palina Greenbelt Ecopark. Our initial plan was to go to Olotayan Island, but since the weather was bad, boat trips weren't permitted. We also didn't get to fully experience the cruise because the rain was pretty bad. The course would be longer and you could go to the nearby sandbar (to walk around or to swim) if the weather is good. We did enjoy a nice lunch aboard.




Mamang bangkero pulling our barge
The sandbar
Grilled scallops galore!

After the river cruise, we rested up a bit at our lodging for the day. The last place we went to was the Panublion Museum located at the Roxas City plaza. The location of the museum was a former water tank used to supply the water for the city. Inside are memorabilia from famous people of the province such as Jovita Fuentes (National Artist for Music) and former President Manuel Roxas.


Free admission

We went to our host's house for dinner where they served us very delicious, local food. I can honestly say that I stuffed myself happily and willingly.

Big, fleshy crabs
Patatim na itik (duck)
Homemade lechon

Having stuffed our bellies, we went back to our lodging and ended our day. Another full day starts tomorrow.

Click here for Part 2 of my Roxas trip

Follow me on Instagram

Comments