Alabang Korean food trip part 2: Soga Miga + tips on eating at a Korean resto

I know, it's been a long time since my last post. I just got lazy. But I'm back with my 2nd stop for the Alabang Korean food trip.

This wasn't my first time eating at this restaurant. But since I loved this place, and at that time, my friend was craving for Korean food, I recommended this place.


Soga Miga is a Korean restaurant located in Molito complex, Alabang. It is the 1st Korean restaurant in that area. Location-wise, you can't really see it from the street so unless you know about it, you wouldn't know that it's there.

I can describe Soga Miga as an authentic Korean restaurant, a mom-and-pop kind of establishment. Its interiors look like most Korean-owned restaurant, very simple with wooden furniture and neutral-colored walls. Its menu is simple and traditional. Some people will think that its simplicity would be boring and lackluster, but that is what brings out the natural flavor of the ingredients used.


It seems like Psy is on every water jug I see

I've gathered pictures from both of my visits to this place. They are not striking food pictures. What I want to show you, through this post, is how to maximize a Korean restaurant dining experience.


I haven't been experimental yet when eating Korean food. Whenever I eat at a Korean restaurant, I always order Samgyupsal (grilled pork belly). Then, I order some sort of dish with soup. I can, maybe, order a noodle dish if we don't want to eat rice. So this post would really not focus on the food. Instead, here are my tips for Korean restaurant dining.


  1. Try not to dine alone. Asians are more used to the family-dining atmosphere because food is meant to be shared. This would enable you to order a variety of dishes. When it comes to bill sharing, the more people in the group, the better. We were 7 in the group, ordered 4 dishes, and paid about 420 pesos each.
  2. Serving size for a dish may just be good for 1 to 2 people. Always ask if it's good for sharing so that you can plan out your order.
  3. Banchan can be refilled (usually just one time). Just ask nicely! Just don't get too greedy and end up not finish what you asked for. Majority of the banchan are vegetable-based.
  4. Wear cool, casual clothing. You will most probably be grilling if you order meat, and it can really get hot in there. Even if they have an exhaust pipe, you will still smell like smoke after.
  5. Grilling meat is fun! You can choose to grill them yourself or have the staff grill them for you (either at your table or somewhere else). A beginner can do this so I would suggest doing it yourself. Don't burn your meat! Transfer them to the side of the grill or on a separate plate once they are done cooking. Pork should be cooked well done while beef can be cooked anyway you like it.
  6. Korean food can be spicy. For people like me who can't eat spicy food, tread cautiously! There are quite a number of options so you will have something to eat. Also, don't be afraid to ask about the spice level.

  7. Try something different. Samgyupsal is something familiar to our taste buds, so it a good base to your menu. But pair it with something like jjigae (stew), Korean-style shabu shabu, or ramyeon. I always make sure that I get something different every time I eat out. There are so many good Korean dishes I still have to try.

I might not have been able to cover everything you need to know when it comes to Korean dining. Dining at authentic Korean restaurants like Soga Miga might be daunting, but it's an uncommon experience that you should just really try when it comes your way. I give Soga Miga a 9 out of 10, a true Korean dining experience without having to go to Korea.

Feel free to share tips and comment below about any Korean food I need to try next!

Comments