Homemade cheese pimiento spread

Disclaimer: I do not own this recipe. I just saw this online and tweaked it based on what we had and what I wanted to do with it.

Christmas season is over. I have tweeted how many Christmas packages we received. So up until today, we still have an assortment of pasta and fruit salad ingredients to use. But there are 2 things I dreaded receiving: queso de bola and fruit cake. I was thankful that no one gave fruit cake, but we did receive one small queso de bola. When I was younger, those things just go to waste. Only our parents would eat them. But now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser), I didn't want it to go to waste. My mom suggested I look for a cheese pimiento recipe online, and that I did do.

I saw a recipe by a chef (just forgot the name) that was featured in a newspaper article. I asked my mom to buy red bell peppers because we didn't have them at home. Listed below is the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 350 grams queso de bola, grated
  • red bell pepper or tinned pimiento (tinned pimiento is softer in texture so if you want crunch, use red bell pepper)
  • 1 to 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp sugar






  1. Grate queso de bola then finely dice red bell pepper. I only used one small one because my sister doesn't eat them. But feel free to add more to your liking.
  2. Melt unsalted butter in a microwave (10 seconds only).
  3. In a bowl, mix the diced pepper, grated cheese, melted butter, and sugar until smooth. (Note: I used 1 and 1/4 cup because I wanted it to be smoother. 1 cup was a little bit grainy for me)



No need to add salt because queso de bola is already salty. Feel free to also use less sugar. Go make the spread to your desired taste. Maybe next time I'll use tinned pimiento. It was my first time making it so I was happy that my family liked it.

I hope you do try this out. Please comment below how it turned out. Tell me also what-you altered so I may try it next time.

Comments