BBQ Chicken & Beer madness

I have a new favorite dining place, and every time I go there, I always order the same thing. That's how much I love it.

I love fried chicken! Seriously. I would always tell the time that for a few months, I survived just by eating fried chicken for dinner.

For our first payday celebration, we decided to go out and eat. We ended up at BBQ Chicken & Beer at Molito Complex, Alabang. It is a Korean fast food restaurant that specializes in glazed fried chicken. This has been a trend nowadays with multiple establishments opening up such as BonChon, Manang's, Chicken Charlie, Chubby Chicken (This is my friend's restaurant. Sadly, I haven't tried it out yet. I hope I do, soon!), and others. Apparently, according to K-Drama fans, Koreans love pairing up fried chicken and beer. Of course, since I love K-Drama, I decided to try it. Oh my, was it a good combination! The place also offers other specialties such as bulgogi and noodle dishes.




Our group ordered 4 orders of Rice Syrup Chicken for 260 pesos each. An order contains about 8 pieces which is good for 2 to 3 people. The sweet tasting sauce is made from fermented rice syrup, peanuts and green peppers. It is not that spicy, so I can actually eat it. That was my fear when we chose this place because I know Koreans love spicy food, but I can't eat anything that is too spicy (or acidic).


At first I thought that the cuts were to small but eventually realized that they were enough for all of us. The chicken was crispy and juicy. What set it apart from the other glazed chickens are tried is that the sauce and the meat were both really flavorful. The others failed on the taste of the meat, which tended to taste bland. The plate had a serving of coleslaw. It would be better to add more of it because it helps cleanse the palate.

We also ordered the vegetable fried rice for 160 pesos, which is good for 4 people per bowl. Not everyone wanted to eat rice so I think we only got 2 bowls. The rice was a bit pricy but we really loved the taste. It wasn't oily. The rice was fluffy, and the addition of the vegetable made it interesting (and healthy).


A few of us decided to cap the night off with the perfect combination for fried chicken, beer!


This is a very casual place. It might get too loud so people who prefer quiet places might not enjoy eating here. Going here with friends was surely a nice way to end the day and celebrate new work. Hooray for good friends and good food!


I do suggest people to try this place out. They have other branches around the Metro. This is an 8.5/10 in my book. Go eat chicken now!

Comments