Gavino's Doughnuts

(Update: Alabang Town Center branch is now closed)

For my first post for the year, I sure am not thinking of any witty (or so I think) title.

Anyway, last year, I chanced upon a newly opened stall at ATC's food court. It was a donut shop called Gavino's which sold Japanese-style donuts. I wasn't sure what constituted a Japanese-style donut. All I know was that pon de rings (sold by Mister Donut) were Japanese-style donuts.

I decided to purchase half a dozen donuts for my family. A regular donut would cost around 30+ pesos while premium donuts would cost around 40+. They also sold donut balls, which were cute. I forgot how much they were, though. Gavino's came from the makers of Happy Haus Donuts, a not-so-known local donut franchise.






Triple Chocolate


Sour Cream

Green Tea Glazed

Original Glazed

Cinnamon

The flavors of the donuts are very simple. Not as fancy as those that can be bought at either Krispy Kreme and J.Co Donuts. What captures me is the chewiness of the dough and the right amount of sweetness. I'm not really into overly sweet desserts. Their original glazed donuts really hit the spot. I didn't like the sour cream flavored donut. It tasted weird. Savory-flavored donuts are just off for me.


Will I buy them again? Yes. Do I recommend their product? Yes. Overall verdict: 8/10.

Comments