Mister Kabab (I finally found you)

I've been hearing about Mister Kabab from friends (especially those who studied in Ateneo). Last 2011, my thesismates and I were supposed to grab lunch there but sadly, it was closed. I only found out from my trainer that they relocated. A bigger restaurant for growing clientele. Goes to show that they serve good food.

I honestly don't know much about Middle Eastern & Mediterranean cuisine. I've tried some but I wouldn't know if they're authentic or not. And those are usually the basic ones.

The branch we went to is located in West Avenue, Quezon City. It was such a late lunch, around 3PM, so I was very hungry. I was also tired. Haha! Anyway, I will go straight to the food.







Their restaurant was indeed big and spacious. It was open air so flies will surely swarm your food (I think it's common among food packed with spices). I couldn't quite put my finger around the concept of the restaurant. Yes, they did have middle Eastern and Mediterranean accents but there was a side where it looks like an assembly line. I don't know. I tried to tune it out because I was so hungry.

I was frustrated at first because I ordered beef shish kabab sandwich, but it wasn't available. I asked for the lamb one, but it wasn't available. Their was a chicken one, but I just ate 40 Kloves Chicken the previous day so I didn't want to get chicken. I ended up copying my companions' order: Shawarma plate (P90). We also ordered pita bread (P16) as our source of carbohydrates. I also got iced tea (P30) because it was really hot.

Their serving size is huge! The shawarma plate can actually feed 2 people. The plate contains beef, cucumber, tomato, and onion. You get served garlic sauce and hot sauce, so you are free do to as you please. My strategy was to put as much garlic sauce as I wanted, mix everything together, grab a spoonful, eat it, then tear of a piece of pita bread. My trainer tried to wrap everything in the pita bread, while my other teammate tore the pita bread in half, filled it and ate it. They took a longer time eating than me =). The dish was good! The beef was sort of dry but it's not as overpowering as other shawarma beef. I kinda like how everything mixes well together, not one ingredient overpowering the others. The pita bread was also big and thick. I find it well toasted. I like the slightly charred edges. Haha! I don't know if P16 pesos is expensive for pita bread because I don't really know the ingredients. The iced tea, however, was too expensive for my liking. It tasted like Nestea, you know, the powdered iced tea you can buy in the supermarket.


Shawarma plate


Pita bread

I don't know how big the shawarma is (the one which is already made). But I do like the concept of making your own and doing as you please with it. I would surely eat here, if it wasn't so far. And I look forward to trying the other dishes. I give Mister Kabab 7/10.

Comments