Another Bulacan food trip: Gringneth Restaurant

For my 2nd day of training, my trainer decided to have lunch at Gringneth Restaurant at San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan. She has eaten here before and she told me that the food was also cheap, so it was fine for me.

First impression is a typical open-air restaurant found in provinces. Of course, it is flocked not only by locals but also by tourist. They had electric fans but the air emitted was hot! This weather is really annoying! Of course, since it's open-air, you can expect flies flying around and maybe even landing on your food. The place was spacious enough to accommodate big numbers. Since it's a restaurant, they give you a menu. I wasn't able to take a picture of the whole menu, but I can say that their meals are very affordable!




I ordered BBQ with rice (P15), fresh lumpia (P25), and Mountain Dew (P25, not shown in the picture). They gave us free soup. I wanted to get halo-halo for dessert but I got full! All that for less than P100! The soup was served hot, but it's more of broth than soup. It's fine but it was a little oiler than what I excepted from broth. Maybe that means they used real meat for the broth. The 1 piece of BBQ stick was a little too thin for me. But considering the price for the plate, it's understandable. Taste-wise, it's good. It tastes like how Filipinos do pork barbeque. Serving the BBQ with java rice was a good idea. I think I won't enjoy it if they served it with plain rice. The lumpia was good. It wasn't spectacular (my cousin makes really good fresh lumpia), but it's good. The size was big, and the sauce was plenty. The wrapper was a little too thick for me. I also noticed that there ubod (bamboo shoot) was also used in the lumpia. Such a great idea! Sadly, both the BBQ meal and the lumpia were not served hot. I have a thing for wanting my food served hot and fresh. It means it was newly cooked. Somehow, this makes me think that they cooked the food in advance.


All in all, I give this restaurant 7/10. It's a good restaurant to eat in if you want cheap, delicious food. Just don't expect your food to be hot. Haha! Peace! =D

Comments