Annie's Overlooking: Carinderia with a twist

Last week, I officially started work. Yey for me, right? It's a whole new territory for me so I was nervous, still nervous, going to the office. Anyway, I'm not going to talk about what my job is (maybe some other time). Today, I'm going to talk about my food trip when I was out for field work.

My trainer's field area is Bulacan, so we spent my first field duty there. It was fun because I've never been there. But what excited me the most was the chance to try food in that province.

It was already around 1PM when we stopped for lunch. We were already somewhat lost so my trainer directed us to the nearest place where we can eat. She told us that she ate here before, when she also got lost with other people. She told us that the food was good, and what makes it better was that it was very cheap and the location was overlooking the Angat Dam.

The place is called Annie's Overlooking. It's a very simple place, made out of bamboo. I didn't get to take much pictures because 1. I was hungry and 2. I was just so amazed. Haha! It was a carinderia so you just check out the dishes served for the day, choose, eat, then pay. Their dishes only cost P50! Yes, that's right! That's already the viand plus the rice. And my, do they have big servings! I don't eat a lot so a single meal is good for 2 people who eat like me or 1 heavy eater. They were serving kare-kare, sinigang na bangus, sinigang na baka, and others. I chose sinampalukang manok because I've never tasted it. It's so good! I ate 2/3 of my rice (their 1 cup of rice fills the whole plate, seriously). Super worth it! And it's just 50 bucks!


Annie's Overlooking, Angat, Bulacan

Sinampalukang manok (a mix between tinola and sinigang)

A small portion of Angat Dam (maybe the end of the water bed)

I suggest that if my pass by this place, you should go down and eat here. Such a simple fare but you will leave with a smile. I give it a 9/10.

Comments