Loss of a friend

Woke up today with the news of a batchmate who died. I decided to check into this and found out that he may have committed suicide. I don't want to go into details because I'm still trying to get over the fact of his death. The thing is, I had a friend who died a similar way. Well, I don't know if it was an accident or suicide. But imagine that: 2 friends, 2 separate occasions, same fate. It's heart-wrenching.

Losing someone you know is hard in itself already. Losing someone close to you is harder. I try to look at it closely and all I can say is that he just gave up. There are people who are saying "Why did he do that?" "That's too much." But I say "Well, you can never understand what he feels and you will never understand how hard it is for him so just leave him alone." Let's stop judging him for what he did. He's dead so let's just pray for him.

It's been only less than 2 hours since I heard the news. That's the first thing I heard since I woke up. I was so shocked that I didn't want to believe it. I'm still in denial.


Denial. The first stage of grief.

There are five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. We start with not accepting or believing the situation. We get angry believing that it shouldn't be happening. Then, we try to find a solution for it, asking for a better outcome. When we are faced with the fact that we can't change things, we become depressed. After all these, there comes a time when we learn to accept the situation, that we can't do anything to change it but we can do something with the time we have.

I don't know if I'm supposed to feel this way but yes, I do feel a sense of denial. But then again, I remember that certain people do what they do, and we just have to accept that. It's hard, but we have to.

I'm sorry, my mind is just crazy today.

Comments