Chopstop: Is it worth it?

(Update: Chopstop now has a newer menu)

Sorry for the lack of a more creative title. I'm also sorry for not being able to take more pictures. I was really hungry.

Eversince I saw that Chopstop was opening a branch in ATC, I immediately wanted to try it. However, it took quite a long time for me to try it out because I was always alone. So when my friend invited me to have lunch, we decided to go here.


Honestly, the primary reason why I wanted to try Chopstop because they offer unlimited margaritas for 149 pesos (heehee!). But I've been hearing good things about the food from my friends who have tried Chopstop before.

Their menu is very simple and straightforward. Maybe it can be described as something you will see in a diner or a fast food restaurant. I was hungry, but I was also on a diet (well, sort of diet) so I just ordered a meal and a drink. I ordered 1 piece BBQ chicken chop with a side of coleslaw and brewed iced tea.








The place was really small so expect that it will be packed during peak hours. It has a very casual and chill vibe suitable for barkadas and young people. The menu consists of fried dishes, pastas, sandwiches, appetizers, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, and desserts.



For 109 pesos, this meal was just okay. When you order a chop, you can choose either pork or chicken. You can get 1 piece or 2 pieces. For the sides, you can either choose coleslaw or buttered veggies. But what's sad is that they offer the same price whatever you choose. I know chicken is supposed to be cheaper so I was hoping that a chicken option would have a cheaper price.

As I said early on, I chose the BBQ chicken chop with coleslaw. At first that I wouldn't be satisfied with the chicken because it looked thin and small. But when I was finished, I was actually satisfied. The coleslaw they served was slightly different from regular coleslaw because instead of using mayonnaise, the used honey mustard dressing. Some might think that it won't go well with the barbecue flavor of the chicken but it does. Honey mustard is such a flavorful dressing so the saltiness and "smokiness" of the barbecue sauce will counteract the dressing's tanginess. There is nothing special with the sauce, though. It's just generic barbecue sauce. The buttered veggies side has bacon crumbs on top of it but I think it would be a slightly healthier option.

Their brewed iced tea is also okay. You just add 25 pesos to add a regular sized one to your meal. I judge it to be just okay because there's nothing special to it. It didn't taste like it's one of those powdered iced teas yoy buy in the supermarket. But it's also not something that has a distinct flavorful (meaning, if I gave you a cup of iced tea, you wouldn't go "hey, this is Chopstop's iced tea"). My friend got an oreo milkshake, which took such a long time for them to serve (and she ordered before me). She told me that it was to sweet but I didn't get to taste it. Sadly, they didn't serve it with whipped cream (as pictured on the menu).

All in all, it's a good place to go to when you want something slightly different from the usual fast food restaurants. Is it worth the money? I think so. Their serving size is just right. Taste is okay (can't really be certain because I only tried one dish). I would surely go back to try the other dishes. And of course, by that next trip, I should really get the unlimited margarita! A 6.5 out of 10 in my book, for now. What dishes from Chopstop should I try next?

Comments