Alabang Korean food trip: Yoree Korean Barbeque Dining

I used to be scared to try Korean food because I always assumed it to be spicy. I am very acidic so I avoid eating spicy food. But when I tried it out, I found out that there are quite a number of dishes that are not spicy.

I found myself liking Korean cuisine. Asian food always appealed to me because of the family-style way of serving food. But what sets Korean cuisine from the other Asian cuisine is the banchan (side dishes). I vowed that I should try all the Korean restaurants in Alabang then blog about it. This is my first post in my quest for Korean restaurants in the Alabang area (note: I will no longer blog about Bulgogi Brothers because it's a very popular Korean restaurant already. I tried it out last January, and it is good.)


Yoree Korean Barbeque Dining restaurant just opened its 2nd branch in Molito, Alabang. This is the 2nd Korean restaurant in that area. I heard good things from friends who just ate there, so I recommended that we eat there to celebrate my dad's birthday.

First thing I noticed is that there were quite a number of Korean diners there. That made me feel that this would be a good place to eat. The atmosphere is very hip and casual, a good place to go eat and drink with friends because of its bar and lounge feel.

We were immediately seated and serves right away. It took us longer to order, though, because we were catching up with my dad's caregiver.




various banchan
porridge

We were served 6 different banchan (they eere all quite good) and porridge. I asked if they served house tea, and they asked if we wanted the hot or cold one. Of course, we chose hot tea as it helps with digestion. I super loved the tea Korean restaurants serve because it doesn't leave a bitter aftertaste. I was caught off guard with the porridge because I thought it was hot. It wasn't.

We were 5 in our group. My brother and I decided to order Gyeranjjim, Seafood Japchae (not pictured - sweet potato noodles) , 2 orders of Sangyeopsal, Gochujang Sangyeopsal (not pictured - pork belly marinated with red pepper paste), and Haemool Shabushabu.


Sangyeopsal (pork belly) with a side of kimchi P398 for 150 g (same price and weight for Gochujang Sangyeopsal)


Lettuce, carrot stick, and chili pepper that came with the Sangyeopsal


Gyeranjjim (steamed egg on hot stone bowl) P128


Haemool Shabu-shabu (mussels, squid, scallops, beef, veggies, and noodles in a broth plus ingredients for rice porridge) P598 minimum of 2 orders

Service was really good. They were watm and accommodating to all our questions and requests. The taste and quality of the food is also really good. However, unlike in different Korean restaurants that I've tried, they didn't serve salt and Gochujang with ourborder of Sangyeopsal. Good thing the prok was of good quality or else I would have complained. But because there was no seasoning, we couldn't make it taste better to our liking. They slightly overcooked the veggies in our shabushabu since they left it a bit longer. Also, there were what we think were burnt pieces of rice in the cups of rice we ordered. It didn't taste burnt so I don't know if it's a thing or the rice was indeed burnt. Lastly, one of the things that I only realized when we were paying for our neal is that it cost more than what I expected because of the shabushabu. As I said above, it said "minimum of 2 orders". I didn't understand what it meant so I assumed that it meant that it's good for 2 people. Apparently it's not. Since we were a big group, they made the serving fit for our group, making it to cost more. Maybe they could have instructed us more on those " mininum of 2 orders" dishes since they have others with that phrase. Overall, I liked our Yoree experience. Next time I go here, I want to try out the Soju cocktails and the Patbingsu. I was so stuffed that I couldn't fit in dessert anymore.

I guess if you are a big group, you would shell out more cash like we did. I would rate Yoree an 8 out of 10. I hope to come back soon and try the other dishes.

Comments