D.I.Y. at Project Pie

I love a good pizza. I really prefer meat and cheese filled, thin crust pizza. Occasionally, I look for toppings such as pineapple, seafood, herbs, and onions. So when Project Pie opened a branch in Alabang, my office mates and I grabbed the opportunity to try our best in pizza making.

Project Pie didn't originate from us. I think it came from Singapore. It's a pizza parlor that allows you to create an entirely new pizza or build up on existing pizzas from their line-up. For 285 pesos, you can create your own pizza and choose as many toppings as you want.










They first ask you if you want to create your own or you choose something from the menu. I decided to make my own. Then, they ask you want base you wanted. They have red sauce (tomato based), which is typical, and no base (olive oil based). I chose to have the red sauce. And then, you choose your toppings.


(Sorry for the blurry guy at the right. He came out of the blue.)

They didn't have all the ingredients, which was sad. I think my pizza would have been better if the other ingredients were there. Anyway, I chose to order all the cheeses available at that time (feta, parmesan, mozzarella). I think I got double feta, which was a bad decision because it made my pizza salty. For the meat, I got ham and double prosciutto since bacon was out. I decided to get pineapples to counteract the saltiness brought by the feta cheese and prosciutto. I also added basil for that special flavor. Lastly, they ask for your name, and then they put your pizza into the hot oven.



I didn't opt to order dessert pizza because I know I would be full so I just ordered their China Mist Iced Tea for 65 pesos. I love their iced tea! They had different flavors and each of them were very refreshing. For their iced teas and sodas, you get one free refill. The first one I had was the Peach flavored iced tea, then for my refill, I got the sugarless one. I was a happy kid.







I was a satisfied person. I did make a bad decision with my pizza. My advice is not to get double servings of anything that is salty. The servers do warn you of this. Listen to them! Haha! It would be best if they have all the ingredients available at all times for maximum experience. I do commend their amazing staff for being friendly and accommodating (I kept on asking them about the different ingredients).  They would actually pose if someone is taking a picture (see picture above). They had a sound system they use to call out your name when your order is ready, so it won't be hard for customers to know when their order is up even if they are outside on at the second floor.




(yey, they got my name right!)

Anyway, I would love to go back and try other combinations. It's a great place to hang out with your friends and family. I certainly enjoyed my stay there with my office mates. I give Project Pie two thumbs up! A 9/10 on my book.

Comments