Build me up, buttercup

(Update: South Supermarket Filinvest Alabang branch is now closed)

It's been months since I've last made a blog post. I've been busy with work. But here it is. I have plenty to blog about =D.

Anyway, while I was doing my grocery shopping at South Supermarket Filinvest, I chanced upon  a newly-opened stall. It was a store called My Little Buttercup that sold cupcakes and other desserts. I love cupcakes (not because it's a trend, but I really love it compared to muffins) so I decided to try them. They are relatively cheaper than Cupcakes by Sonja (which I haven't tried, BTW) and Vanilla Cupcake Bakery (my favorite, so far). I loved Cukay's Cupcakes, which is not as mainstream as the 2 mentioned brands, so I was hoping that this store would be worth it.


Their cupcakes would cost around 70-90 pesos. I decided to buy a carrot cupcake and a chocolate cupcake (I don't remember the exact name). I also bought a box of red velvet white chocolate cookies that's around 150 pesos for a box of 6 cookies.

Their packaging is quite plain. Minimalist? Maybe. That's just a brown paper bag with a stamped on brand name. They have a box for 2 cupcakes, something I haven't seen with other cupcake stores (those usually had solo boxes, half dozen boxes, and dozen boxes). I rate the carrot cupcake a 4/5. You can actually see julienne pieces of carrots when you bite into it. The cupcake is moist. It did, however, leave a weird aftertaste. That's why I chose to give a deduction. I didn't get to taste the chocolate cupcake because my brother ate it all =D.

My current favorite in this shop is the red velvet white chocolate cookies. It's a soft chocolate cookie with a red color and white chocolate chips. I really, really loved the cookie not just because of the texture but also because of the generous serving of white chocolate in each cookie. I love white chocolate, and I love red velvet cupcakes. They made it into a cookie, and it's a hit for me. I always look forward to going to their shop to buy a box for me. It's quite expensive for a box of 6, but what the heck, I'll still buy it. 5 out of 5!

Anyway, aside from their branch in South Supermarket in Filinvest, Alabang, they have another branch in Makati Supermarket ATC. Go try the cookies! They're worth it!








Comments