Krazy Garlic 2.0 + Cafe Mary Grace: Just because we love to eat!

(Update: Krazy Garlic's Alabang Town Center branch is now closed)

It was my sister's birthday, so as usual, we decided to eat out. I came from work so we just went to Alabang Town Center. We would normally end up in a certain Japanese restaurant, which I hope to review sometime soon, but I mentioned that Krazy Garlic opened a branch there. Lucky us! If you remembered, we ate there last December and we just loved the restaurant. We happily went to the newly opened branch and decided to order new things.

Upon sitting, they serve you with house water. What's nice with their house water is that it has lemon, cucumber, and what I think is mint. I liked it! It felt so refreshing after such a tiring day. I don't want to go back to describing the beautiful restaurant itself. It's just so unique and homey! You have to go there to see it!



We started our meal with an appetizer. Baba Ghanoush (P275) is a Mediterranean of sesame paste with roasted eggplant, cumin, and garlic, served with pita bread. You can also see a cherry tomato, an olive, and a walnut. Haha! I expected the dish to be overpowering since it used spices and roasted eggplant. I was shocked! The taste was onyl subtle and smooth. We finished the plate in 5 minutes. We all agreed that it was good. I also thought that it would be spicy because of the cumin, but it was not! A good way to start a meal.


Baba Ghanoush






We loved Fettuccine Oriente! We loved it so much, we wanted to order it again. But we ended up ordering another pasta dish. Shrimp Maramonte (P450) is al dente spaghetti pasta sauteed in pesto sauce, fresh baby clams and shrimps. I didn't love it as much as Fettuccine Oriente, but I still find it good. I don't eat spicy food so I got shocked at the dish's spiciness. It was still tolerable, but a little heads up in the menu would be good.

Shrimp Maramonte


We all love fried chicken so we wanted to try their 40 Kloves Chicken. We got the regular size (P395) which is good for 2 to 3 people (maybe even up to 4 if you're light eaters or you have many dishes already). The chicken is marinated in a garlic cream sauce and simmered slowly in 40 kloves. I think they fry the chicken after because the skin was crispy. My! This was my favorite dish of the night! The chicken is juicy and well-marinated. I simply cannot describe how much I love this dish! This, along with Wee Nam Kee's roasted Hainanese chicken, are my favorites!
40 Kloves Chicken


When we first ate in Krazy Garlic, my sister wanted to try their Pepperoni pizza (P450). I suggested another flavor, so this time, I suggested we try it. I'm not a fan of pepperoni pizza because I find pepperoni overpowering the whole pizza. But what is great with this one is that because of the use of garlic, everything just played well. No particular flavor stood out, which I like.
Pepperoni pizza



When you eat here, you can really taste the love they put into making the food extra delicious. I would surely go back to try the other dishes (which may end up as another blog post). Haha! I still give Krazy Garlic a high score: 9/10!

After, we headed to Cafe Mary Grace for dessert because my sister wanted cake. We've tried their Black Velvet and Mango Bene, and we all find those cakes very yummy! We wanted something different, though, this time. My sister wanted chocolate cake, so among 3 choices, she ordered Chocolate Truffle. I forgot how much it is but I think it was at least P100. I think I've already told that I'm not a fan of chocolate cake but, as with Black Velvet, I found that I can eat this cake! The cake was not too sweet. It has hints of coffee and bittersweet chocolate. I honestly liked it. I also now how picky we are when it comes to cheesecake, so I suggested we get their cheesecake (P115). I wasn't wrong! My brother loved it! It was only plain cheesecake with whipped cream and blueberry jam. The crust was thin, which made us appreciate the cheese mixture more. Yey for Cafe Mary Grace's dessert! I say, a 9 out of 10 as well.


Cheesecake


Chocolate Truffle

This was such a tiring day but I capped it off with wonderful food. =D

Comments