Filipinized Chinese food

People who really know me well know that I cook. I am currently the person who cooks our food at home. So, today was no exception.

Lunch was rather boring because we ran out of gas. So, we just reheated food left in the refrigerator.

My older sister, younger brother and I watched Junior Masterchef Australia and it made me look small. I can cook but looking at the kids cooking like that, you just feel really small. Time to cook dinner, and I decided to cook things that needed to be cooked. I decided to make tokwa't baboy (tofu and pork) and Asian picadillo. Tokwa't baboy is rather simple but tedious. You use firm tofu cutting it into bite size pieces and deep fry it. Oil should be enough to cover the tofu and hot enough to cook it through. I remembered not to overcrowd the pan so it'll be cooked. I decided to use ground pork for the meat. Season it with a little salt and fry it until crispy. The sauce has diced white onions and garlic with soy sauce and vinegar. My brother put sugar in it to make it a little sweet. The mixture of the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar is tricky and depends on the person who will eat it. The second dish I cooked is something I saw in a cookbook. Since my siblings are rather picky with food so I used only ground pork, potato, carrots, onion and garlic, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, chili sauce, hard boiled egg, and salt and pepper to taste. You just cook the pork until done, saute the onion and garlic, add the vegetables until done. Then you put equal parts of hoisin sauce and oyster sauce and half part chili sauce. Season to taste.

Dinner was nice, eating nice food watching a nice show. I have to learn more recipes and hopefully make better food for people. Maybe I should post pictures next time. Hmmm...

Comments